A VI Peel is a painless procedure designed to improve the appearance of all skin types. It exfoliates the skin, removing the dead skin cells on the surface of the skin.
This treatment helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, acne, acne scars, hyperpigmentation, and other signs of aging to achieve that youthful, radiant skin you are aiming for.
Undergoing a chemical peel can greatly improve different skin conditions, but it is significant to know the important guidelines on what to do and what to avoid after your treatment.
What is a VI Peel?
Vi peel is among one of the most popular treatments among clients due to its pain-free procedure, no skin preparation needed, and shows an immediate result for as little as seven days!
It is developed by Dr. Adbala F. Kalil using the most effective combination of formulas such as Trichloroacetic Acid, tretinoin acid, salicylic acid, Phenol, Vitamin C, and other minerals.
This unique blend of acids, minerals, and vitamins works synergistically to help improve different skin conditions.
What are the steps to do and avoid after a VI Peel treatment?
VI peel comes with a home kit that includes essential products for the Post Care healing process.
It is important to follow these guidelines for your skin’s health and get the most out of your treatment!
During the First 4 Hours after VI Peel
It is important to not put anything on your skin in the first 4 hours after treatment to the treated areas.
- After 4 hours, wash the area with cool water where VI peel was applied using a mild cleanser, we recommend the VI Derm Cleanser. Gently pat dry afterward.
- Apply Post Peel Towelettes 4 hours post-treatment
- After 10 minutes, apply Post Peel protectant to areas where VI peel was applied. This cream is used to moisturize and lessen redness and inflammation during post-treatment.
Day 1 and 2 – One hour Before Bedtime Routine
- Cleanse with cool water using VI Derm Cleanser.
- Use one of the Post Peel towelettes labeled A before sleeping, Then after 10 minutes, followed by labeled B.
- Do not forget to Apply Post Peel Protectant approximately 10 minutes after the towelette has been absorbed.
Day 2 – Morning Routine
- After cleansing with cool water using VI Derm Cleanser and applying a light layer of moisturizer, it is important to Apply VI Derm SPF 50+ to your face.
Day 3-7 – Peeling can happen around the 2nd or 3rd day
- Cleanse with VI Derm cleanser every morning and evening.
- You may apply moisturizer and sunscreen as often as desired.
Additional Reminders from Prescott Medical Aesthetics
- Avoid picking and pulling the skin that is flaking and peeling.
- It is important to apply sunblock with SPF 30 or higher. Avoid direct exposure to sunlight especially within 3 to 4 days after treatment.
- Your cleanser should be a mild cleanser that gently removes impurities. Typically, a gentle cleanser is soap-free and does not contain scrubbing beads.
Do you have questions about our VI Peel treatments? Contact us at Prescott Medical Aesthetics and schedule a consultation with us today! We will be happy to answer your inquiry and discuss the best treatment suitable for you!